Become an Authority today
Become an Authority today with the Authority Guides
Books for business professionals
Do people keep asking when you’re going to write a book? Does publishing a book seem like an impossible mountain to climb? Do you need to share your expertise in your field with a wider audience? Are you looking for a bigger platform from which to project your ideas? Apply today to become part of the exciting new Authority Guides Series.
Why you should join us
As part of a series written by experts you will be in good company.
Sales of your book will be enhanced by the performance of other books in the series and we will be actively supporting our Authority authors to find opportunities to speak or run seminars at events up and down the country.
Here’s what you get when you join the Authority Project as an author
- Editorial advice and guidance from award-winning publisher Sue Richardson and/or her associates on writing a pithy 15,000- 18,000 words for your book
- Copy-editing of your final manuscript
- Layout and cover design to fit with the look of the series
- Your book will be 170 x 120mm, full colour cover, two-colour text, 96 pages
- Publication as part of the Authority Guides by SRA Books
- Ebook version on all major platforms including Kindle, Apple, Kobo, Nook, Hive and GooglePlay
- Distribution to the book trade (appears in stock at Amazon, Waterstones and several other online bookstores)
- Global distribution of your book via Lightning Source (print on demand)
- Rights sales representation by SRA Books offering the opportunity to have your book translated and published overseas
- Royalties of 10% of cover price returned to you on all print trade sales, 20% on digital sales (net) and 50% on foreign rights deals and audiobook sales (net).
- The opportunity to create an audiobook version of your book, working with a professional studio (a fee will be charged for the production work).
What’s your investment?
We simply ask you to commit to purchasing a minimum of 1,000 copies of your book at a generous discount on the RRP during the first year of publication.
Professional audiobook production and publication will cost in the region of £1,000 + VAT.
The printed books are priced at £9.99 and discount levels are as follows, if you purchase your books:
- on signing of your agreement = 45% discount / £5,500
- on signing off final print-ready proof = 40% discount / £6,000
- in 6 monthly payments after publication = 35% / £6,500
Do you have a book idea?
We’d love to hear from you if you would like to join us. Please tell us why your book or idea should be an Authority Guide using the questions in these guidelines to help you. Send your submission to Sue Richardson email@example.com